Download syllabus early
- Classes open two weeks before they begin. Review the course content and assignment due dates to best organize your e-term.
Find a quiet space to work
- Setting up a quiet and comfortable workspace will provide you with continuity and structure you will need during the e-term. It’s best to eliminate distractions.
Stay Active and Engaged
Communicate with your instructor
- Be sure to reach out to your instructor with questions throughout the course. The only way an online instructor can “see” you are present and understanding material is through regular communication. If you have questions or are struggling, make sure you communicate these needs in a timely manner.
Build a peer support group
- Successful online learners engage with other students and the course content. The more engaged you are with an activity the more likely you are to succeed. Online learning is no exception. Make the most of your time in class to connect with your classmates, the instructor and the course content.
Create a weekly schedule
- Successful online learners understand the importance of organization, especially if they are registered in more than one class. Taking a few moments at the beginning of the class to review due dates of exams, assignments and other class requirements is essential to success. Knowing what is expected of you at the beginning will help you create an organized and realistic plan for the eterm.
Take time to self-reflect
- Take a moment to reflect on your current progress and what may need improvements or adjustments to put you on the path for success. Also be aware of your mental health and take time to rest and recharge.
Utilize Available Resources
UNH Online Writing Lab (OWL)
- The Online Writing Lab is available to review your paper structure prior to submitting to your professor. (there must be a blurb out there for this service)
- UNH Libraries offer many resources that are available remotely for distance learning students. The library staff is available to help you navigate the many resources in which UNH offers.
Student Success Coach Team
- Reach out to your Student Success Coaches if you have a question. They are a great resource to help find the answers to your questions.
- If you have questions regarding your plan of study or curriculum content, then your Faculty Advisor is available for support.
Personal Support Group
- Make sure you have a personal support system in place to assist in academic pursuits and mental health. Have family and/or friends review papers before submitting, help with time management or keep you mentally healthy; they are an important resource.